Experience • Leadership • Teamwork
As I head into my fourth year as Mayor of Union City, I want to thank you for your generous support.
Four years ago, I said that Union City needed someone who could roll up her sleeves and get things done, and as Mayor, with your help and support, that’s exactly what I've done.
Our community has been energized, and I’m proud of the team building approach we’ve taken and what we’ve been able to accomplish in such a short amount of time. Here are a few highlights:
- 11% decrease in overall crime in Union City even as our population has increased.
- 25% decrease in youth violent crime following a concerted increase in services and programs supported by the community.
- Coffee with Cops and Recess with Cops offering residents access to and communication with Union City police officers.
Children and Youth
- New Haven Unified School District was named one of the "Top 100 School Districts in California."
- Hosted first Justice and Equality Summit led by our Union City police chief where the community engaged men and women in uniform in a ‘real’ conversation about today’s policing methods.
- Repurposing Kennedy Community Center into a new Youth/Teen Center following input from local teens. Phase I is scheduled for completion in September 2017.
Jobs and Economic Revitalization
- Union City named one of Top 25 Fastest Growing Economies in the Country. (2015)
- Unemployment rate decreased from 7% to 4% since December 2012.
- Preparing Union City’s General Plan 2040 with the help of our hard working City team and robust input from the community. If you’d like to help, visit http://www.uc2040.com to learn more.
With your continued support, I look forward to expanding on our efforts through 2020. Feel free to e-mail me at Carol@CarolforMayor.com if you have any questions. You can get timely updates on local issues on my Facebook page (Carol Dutra-Vernaci for Mayor) and via Twitter (@CarolforMayor).
Mayor Carol Dutra-Vernaci